Job Opening: Director of Development and Outreach at Gateway Public Schools
Gateway Public Schools seeks a creative, experienced and energetic fundraising professional to join the school community as its Director of Development and Outreach. The Director will develop, implement and lead all aspects of a comprehensive development program that currently raises $1.6MM annually in support of strategic initiatives and school operations. Employing a multi-channel approach, the new director will develop innovative strategies for the identification, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of individual and institutional donors.
Gateway's Director of Development and Outreach leads the planning, management and implementation of all major fundraising efforts for Gateway Public Schools and works in partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees to help drive strategic advancement of the organization. The Director is part of Gateway's senior leadership team, and serves as an important representative with constituents and the greater community.
Major Job Functions:
- Working with Gateway’s leadership, the Development Department, and the Development Committee, develop and implement annual fundraising goals and strategies. These goals and strategies will include the following:
o Major Gifts: Lead and implement major gifts program through the entire cycle of development. Serve as a key contact and liaison for Gateway’s major donors and oversee their ongoing cultivation and engagement by members of our community.
o New Donor Cultivation: Lead cultivation efforts (identification, research, and strategies) to connect new donors to Gateway and expand Gateway’s donor base.
o Fundraising Events: Administer, manage, and direct all development related events including the annual fundraising luncheon Matters of the Mind and additional events as determined during the year including oversight of event budgets.
o Foundation and Corporate Grants: Identify, research and write grant proposals to secure foundation, corporation, and public funding. Provide follow-up reports as required.
o Family and Alumni Annual Fund: Lead Gateway’s efforts to initiate and establish sustained relationships and annual giving opportunities for families and alumnae.
- Growth campaigns: Working closely with Gateway’s leadership, help develop strategy, materials and game plan for growth campaigns. Gateway is in the midst of a multiyear major donor campaign intended to strengthen existing programs and grow Gateway’s impact on public education.
- Management: Manage Gateway’s Development Team, Gateway’s Development Committee, and Gateway’s Campaign Committee, providing leadership, clear objectives and a strong sense of teamwork and opportunity.
- Outreach: Oversee production of all fundraising, marketing, solicitation, and communication materials in coordination with the Director of Communications. Oversee community outreach and p.r. efforts including press relations, government relations, community events, etc.
- Database and reporting: Oversee the preparation of reports and analysis and the management of Salesforce and gift processing. Provide timely, data driven reports to Executive Director and the Board and Development Committee.
- Board Relations: Attend monthly Board of Trustee meetings as staff, and report at the request of the Executive Director. Work closely with Gateway’s Development Chair and Development Committee to encourage and support a culture of stewardship amongst our Trustees.