This position is currently funded by the Bechtel Foundation.
The Director, Foundation Relations offers a position that represents an exceptional opportunity for a resource development leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for the work of Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The Director, Foundation Relations will report directly to the National Vice President, Resource Development Strategy & Foundation Relations and help bring the organization to its next level of impact.
The Director, Foundation Relations will have responsibility for stewarding a significant partnership(s). The Director will be effective at interacting at all-levels, including c-level of internal stakeholders to ensure consistently strong grant and project execution and satisfaction of all contracted deliverables. The Director, Foundation Relations must be flexible, strategic, insightful, self-aware and effective using different strategies and leading without authority.
The Director, Foundation Relations is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and professional reports and deliverables, which are critical to maintaining donor satisfaction and the continuation of existing funding relationships. In addition, quality and timely customer service to internal BGCA colleagues and customers is important to national operations and programs, as well as to the effective implementation of donor-related initiatives.
• Steward existing key relationships by ensuring internal strategy execution and leadership for at least one significant foundation partnership
• Responsible for, but not limited, contracts, stewardship, internal and external communications, reporting and direct account management
• Develop a deep account knowledge base to better implement strategic and tactical initiatives for growth for significant foundation partnership
• Work closely with the VP and other team members to meet aggressive annual and long-term goals for BGCA
• In close collaboration with National Vice President, Resource Development Strategy & Foundation Relations Manage the outreach with significant foundation partner(s)
• Support building of pipelines to fund strategic initiatives
• Oversee the credibility of accurate, accessible, and up-to-date donor database and reporting all deliverables to external partners
• Work with Planning & Measurement department by providing input on partner impact and data requirements
• Monitor budget to actuals to ensure compliance with contracts and donor intent
• Identify the assets, value proposition and benefits offered to foundation partner
• Navigate a complex programmatic environment
• Remain current on mission, programs, and long-range plans across the organization
• Work with programs and fundraisers to align strategic funding needs to pipelines and identify opportunities
• Work across BGCA’s Resource Development, Government Relations, Field Services, Information Technology, PTYDS and Planning & Measurement departments to support project outcomes and ensure the successful execution of grant deliverables
• Support the overall goals and directions of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Resource Development and Foundation Relations and assist with other duties as required by Vice President RD Strategy & Foundation Relations
• Interact with staff throughout BGCA, remote locations and local Clubs in order to implement national donor relations initiatives
• Assist in distribution of information regarding and related to assigned accounts to BGCA provide support in writing and/or editing articles, announcements and other related products for BGCA publications and Web sites; coordinating donor approvals of all donor-related collateral materials, as necessary
• Serve as secondary contact for assigned accounts, responding to incoming questions related to, concerns and solicitations; assist grant staff in managing local Club communications and incoming questions related to national grant funded programs and related reporting requirements for assigned national accounts
• Evaluate risk in programmatic deliverables and schedules, and develop strategic solutions to ensure both funder satisfaction and delivery of timely, quality resources to the field
• Manage grant budget expenditures, tracking grant budget to actual spending, reconciling and working with programmatic team to adjust annual grant budgets as needed
• Facilitate creation of an annual stewardship plan for assigned account(s), including budget, contract deliverables, project timeline, marketing/event calendar, Club integration plan when applicable, and proposed metrics. Conduct ongoing analysis and track performance of partner initiatives
• Ensure/support programmatic staff with distribution of applicable pass-through grants, monitor financial performance and execution of contracted deliverables at the Club level.
• Be willing to support the Foundations team with existing and future BGCA foundation partnerships and alliances, as needed