Responsibilities of the Associate Director
The Associate Director reports directly to the Executive Director and provides staff support to both the OTMRA Board of Directors and the Commission of SSA #48. The Associate Director is responsible for:
- Membership Management and Development
- Coordinate the membership database, invoice membership, develop best practices for membership retention and attraction.
- Generate membership communication, including website updates, e-blasts, printed newsletters, Facebook/Twitter and all social media accounts and platforms, and other materials.
- Develop relationships with member and non-member entities within the service area.
- Event and Meeting Planning
- Coordinate and promote monthly events with local businesses, including networking socials, night out events, and new events.
- Assist production of festivals, special events, and Annual Dinner planning and execution.
- Coordinate and plan for meetings of the Board of Directors and SSA Commission, as well as committees.
- Coordinate community meetings, as needed.
- Community and Government Relations
- Attend community meetings, report findings and share information, as needed.
- Interact with the Aldermanic offices and attend neighborhood events, as needed.
- Attend City of Chicago meetings, seminars, and informational sessions, as needed.
- Represent the organization at events, forums, and fundraisers throughout the City, as needed.
- Administration and Marketing
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate database of local businesses and vacant properties.
- Basic clerical duties including phones, filing, mail delivery, office supplies, etc.
- Establish and maintain a network of volunteer opportunities in the area.
- Assist with neighborhood-wide marketing efforts, as directed.
These duties may be altered from time to time, according to the needs of the organization.