Reporting to the Director of Government Relations and working with the Government Grants Manager, consistently exercises sound judgment in executing the duties of the government grants application process. Executes the roles of project manager and writer for government grants.
Adheres to the pre-submission vetting process on all government grant proposals submitted; thereafter carries out pre-award activities as assigned as they pertain to the processing of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to include:
- reviewing RFPs
- meeting with program staff to review RFP requirements
- attending pre-proposal conferences as assigned
- working with program staff to develop RFP responses
- preparing/collecting/composing administrative and programmatic responses for proposal submissions
- conducting research as needed
- editing/proofing materials
- ensuring proposals are submitted timely and accurately
- assisting Government Grants Manager in following up to ensure documentation and recording of submissions
Maintains knowledge of government funding streams; researches appropriate funding opportunities as assigned.
Responds to government correspondence in an accurate and timely manner as assigned.
Assists in preparing for Advocacy Days as well as other activities that support the Government Relations Department; attends Advocacy Days.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with a concentration on policy. Two years grant writing experience.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in writing. One year writing experience.
Other Requirements: Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.